Leadership at high altitude requires even more from the leader than in ”normal” case. As a guide or expedition leader you must be a step before. The most important quality will be to know and understand yourself (and that doesn’t matter if your a leader or a participant). You must challenge your self with your shortcomings and fears.
Leadership means knowing yourself in details..
In the mountains you will be exposed to different type of fears. So you need to be prepared. A skilled leader has a trained body and mind for unexpected situations.
So how can you prepare for that? Well, you need to improve your mental strength. And how can that be done?
The body is important to train, bur if you don’t train your mental strength you got stacked.
1. Be positive, really really positive..Focus on positive things, and your positive characterises.
2. Focus only on what you can control. The remedy is to be in the moment, and let the nature take its course. focus on your approach and attitude…
3. Keep your emotional level steady. The key is to distance yourself from the game just enough so that you’re not swept away with the emotional tides. Visualize remaining calm and composed in even the biggest situations. Act like you’ve been in those situations a hundred times, and eventually you’ll feel like it too.
4. Enjoy the big moments. When you having a good time enjoy it. When you have a training session that feels good enjoy it and bring the feeling with you.
5. A prepared mind is a more confident mind. Self-confidence is your ability to influence the world around you.
6. Forget about how you might look. Don’t bather about what other think about you. do it your way…
7. Have a short memory. Do not dwell things, get it over and move on. this you really need to train…
8. Don’t expect perfect circumstances. What you have is what you have. Mental toughness is really just about approaching the game from the right perspective. The next time you step out onto the field, ignore the score, focus being in the moment and tell that little, criticizing and excuse-seeking voice in your head to shut the hell up. You’ll be glad you did.
And the training and challenge this week? Well 10 workouts 610 minutes, Friday was as usual a tough day. 30 minutes, pull-ups, push-ups, bear walks forwards and backwards. Anthony, the challenge is on, the rowing machine will be my challenge for this week. I know the target…
This week challenge rowing-Machine..
See ya soon..